Friday 26 October 2012

Polkadotted

As of recently, the temperature has dropped quite a bit so I decided to invest in a jacket. I've been looking around for one for ages but I never could find one. Some of the really pretty ones also came with an  even prettier price tag. ): Just the other day, Priceline was having a 20% off all cosmetics and skincare.
Well, don't look at me like that. I HAD to go. Jean and I practically live at Priceline during sale time. 
Jean, Heather and I went off to the city and stopped by JayJays because Heather wanted to buy shorts. As she was paying I spotted (haha see what I did there?) this on the $10 sale rack and on an impulse decided I really liked it and I bought it.

I ended up really really liking it! Most varsity jackets are white and another colour, but this one is cream coloured and that is what I love most about it! The cream isn't such a harsh contrast against the black and makes it more feminine. The material is lightweight with a slightly satin finish which adds class to the piece. I reckon it's a pretty versatile as well because cream and black go with almost any colour and the polkadots are good for spicing up a simple outfit.

Paired it with a plain white shirt, a pair of tan-coloured shorts and a casual leather belt. I tried to keep the rest out the clothes fairly simple since polkadots are fairly distracting patterns. I do know neons are such last season, but I think this neon orange clutch/sling bag from Bimba&Lola is a classic statement item that can add a pop of colour to any dull/monochrome outfit.


































JayJays polkadot varsity Jacket | Plain white shirt | Tan skorts, cant find online but this is good 
 Bimba & Lola pigskin clutch in neon orange| Gold Bunting Collar from Diva | Watch from Emporio Armani Gentlemen's Line


Swotvac period for university has begun and I'm going out one last time to meet my previous hostel friends before retreating into my study cave where I will stay until the 9th of next month. While I'm slightly miffed that all my exams are crammed into the first week, I'm also glad that I get to spend more time with Jean and Heather because they finish really early too (roadtrips, girly nights and shopping sprees in planning!). And that also means going back home and being needlessly pampered by my parents whom I haven't seen in about 4 months. Another blogpost in a day or two before I go into study mode! :) 

Hopefully all your exam periods and studies are going well too! 

UNICORN LOVE,
- R


No comments:

Post a Comment